Re: [Vserver] The nano-vserver package.

From: Michael S. Zick <mszick_at_morethan.org>
Date: Mon 26 Dec 2005 - 15:38:54 GMT

On Mon December 26 2005 09:15, Joel Soete wrote:
> Hello Mike,
>
> Michael S. Zick wrote:
> > Joel,
> >
> > I think my planned package is complete, I wanted
> > to review it with someone, I will try to be brief...

- - - [ really big snip ] - - -

> > What common tool set have I overlooked?
> > Do you see anything that really must be included?
> >
> just one thought (just because it seems to be a std de facto), may some sshd to be able login the vps, tough?

Thanks,
I missed that one.
People will expect it to be available.
BusyBox does have a telnetd.

I just checked, BusyBox has a vi for text editing.
Should there be some other editor?
I think that emacs would be too big.

> PS: I am finishing my recipe to re-use a chrooted disk on hppa box
> and will try asap to build 'baby' and vbox on my parisc-linux box
> too.

I will post a pre-view of baby02.bin later today -
It will not all be working -

It will have all of the source tarballs and rough,
guru level, instructions (except Lua and sshd)
to build a non-x86 version.

Thanks for your advice.

Mike