Re: [Vserver] Error when creating centos min vserver

From: John Maclean <info_at_jayeola.org>
Date: Mon 26 Dec 2005 - 16:31:03 GMT

I've been able to create a Debian vserver within CentOS 4.2 with no problems (http://linux-vserver.org/Step-by-Step+Guide+2.6). That guide is very good and I was impressed to see debootstrap working within a Yum-based distro and install packages within a vserver. I've tried a few methods to create a "minimum" CentOS guest and have had nothing but problems. With reference to the patch listed in the url below is it just a question of patch -p1 <options> /path/to/util-vserver/scripts/vyum-worker/ ? Also I notice that there are patches listed here;
http://linux-vserver.org/FC4+patched+rpm%27s. How does one use them?

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 08:24:24 +0100
Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:

> peter9540@lycos.com ("Peter McGregor") writes:
>
> > [root@tiger ~]# yum --version
> > 2.4.0
>
> Try to apply
>
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/util-vserver/util-vserver/scripts/vyum-worker.diff?r1=1.5&r2=1.6
>
> (not in 0.209). yum-2.4 problems were easier to solve than I thought... ;)
>

> Enrico

John Maclean
MSc (DIC)
07739 171 531