Re: [Vserver] The nano-vserver package.

From: Chuck <chuck_at_sbbsnet.net>
Date: Mon 26 Dec 2005 - 17:44:10 GMT

On Monday 26 December 2005 10:38 am, Michael S. Zick wrote:
> On Mon December 26 2005 09:15, Joel Soete wrote:
> > Hello Mike,
> >
> > Michael S. Zick wrote:
> > > Joel,
> > >
> > > I think my planned package is complete, I wanted
> > > to review it with someone, I will try to be brief...
> > >
> - - - [ really big snip ] - - -
> >
> > > What common tool set have I overlooked?
> > > Do you see anything that really must be included?
> > >
> > just one thought (just because it seems to be a std de facto), may some
sshd to be able login the vps, tough?

> Thanks,
> I missed that one.
> People will expect it to be available.
> BusyBox does have a telnetd.
>
> I just checked, BusyBox has a vi for text editing.
> Should there be some other editor?
> I think that emacs would be too big.

yes please... pico or nano either one.. both are small and
to me more useful than any of the others. i use them exclusively.
this looks like it could make an extremely nice rescue disk.

> > PS: I am finishing my recipe to re-use a chrooted disk on hppa box
> > and will try asap to build 'baby' and vbox on my parisc-linux box
> > too.
> >
> I will post a pre-view of baby02.bin later today -
> It will not all be working -
>
> It will have all of the source tarballs and rough,
> guru level, instructions (except Lua and sshd)
> to build a non-x86 version.
>
> Thanks for your advice.
>
> Mike

Chuck
"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book