Re: [vserver] CentOS 6 and YUM patch ... again

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders42_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon 22 Apr 2013 - 23:47:44 BST

On 04/17/2013 08:08 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> This seems to contain the old patch from 2010:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.vserver/18419
>
> I can't seem to find anything more recent, and I'm sure that one is more
> bloated than it needs to be, but hopefully it will get you going in the
> right direction.

Thanks Gordon. It has but now my ignorance has risen its ugly head.

Any RPM gurus on hte list?

I applied the changes from the 3.2.22-chroot.patch file by hand to the
files for 3.2.29.
    Where I'm now confused is will they apply cleanly given all the
other patches that are applied first? Using 'ls -l *.patch | wc -l'
says there are 70 including the new one I created. Several of them
affect the same files as the chroot patch.

As this is suppose to be a one-off I haven't done the whole rpmbuild
process so I'm really guessing at the next step(s).

Can I just add the patch command to the SPEC file and rebuild?

Rod