Re: [vserver] CentOS 6 and YUM patch ... again

From: Gordan Bobic <gordan_at_bobich.net>
Date: Thu 25 Apr 2013 - 08:42:27 BST

On 04/22/2013 11:47 PM, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> On 04/17/2013 08:08 AM, Gordan Bobic wrote:
>> This seems to contain the old patch from 2010:
>>
>> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.vserver/18419
>>
>> I can't seem to find anything more recent, and I'm sure that one is more
>> bloated than it needs to be, but hopefully it will get you going in the
>> right direction.
>
> Thanks Gordon. It has but now my ignorance has risen its ugly head.
>
> Any RPM gurus on hte list?

I would say I'm a guru (no sandals here :) ), but I can look into
putting together a fresh EL6 patch/src.rpm at some point. Don't hold
your breath, though, it may be a couple of weeks or so before I get
around to it due to various time pressures.

> I applied the changes from the 3.2.22-chroot.patch file by hand to the
> files for 3.2.29.
> Where I'm now confused is will they apply cleanly given all the
> other patches that are applied first? Using 'ls -l *.patch | wc -l'
> says there are 70 including the new one I created. Several of them
> affect the same files as the chroot patch.
>
> As this is suppose to be a one-off I haven't done the whole rpmbuild
> process so I'm really guessing at the next step(s).
>
> Can I just add the patch command to the SPEC file and rebuild?

That is the idea. You add the patch to the spec file (remember to put
some kind of a version bump suffix on the release), and

rpmbuild -ba yum.spec

Gordan