Re: [vserver] repo psand wheezy ok to use?

From: Ben Green <ben_at_bristolwireless.net>
Date: Mon 22 Apr 2013 - 19:56:01 BST

On 22/04/13 16:48, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 03:58:50PM +0100, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:
>> Ben, one thing - would it be hard to add ZFS to your kernel build? I
>> mean native ZFS: http://zfsonlinux.org/
>>
>> It would be extremely useful to have it on board.
>
> Very much so! I'm not daring using ZoL in production, as
> kernel upgrades have been known to break it.

If you can get the module to compile properly though DKMS then we should
be fine. It would be a fair amount of work fixing the packages though.
They would need security updates too.

I don't have the time to extend the kernel building project any further
at the moment.

Perhaps a better avenue of enquiry would be to ask the ZoL team how the
packages are currently maintained, and if they'd be willing to support
other kernels within that process.

Cheers,
==
 From Ben Green