From: Werner Schalk (werner_schalk_at_gmx.de)
Date: Sun 01 May 2005 - 23:38:47 BST

Hi,

apologies for not providing all information necessary. As I said I am trying
to copy an existing vserver to create a new one. So I created a little perl
script that basically does the following:

- Copy the entire vserver (template) directory (/vservers/template) to a new
one (/vservers/customer1)
- Copy all the config files in /etc/vservers/template
to /etc/vservers/customer1
- Edit /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow inside of /vservers/customer1
- Edit the IP, context number, nodename and name files
in /etc/vservers/customer1
- Correct the /etc/vservers/.defaults/vdirbase/customer1 link to point
to /etc/vservers/customer1

Optionally I will (whenever this thing works) edit /etc/hostname, sshd_config
inside the new vserver etc.

I am on Gentoo with version 0.30.205-r1 of the util-vserver and kernel
2.6.11-rc3-vs1.9.4.

Whenever I try to start the new vserver I get:

# vserver test321 start
 * Caching service dependencies...

And that's it?! How can I debug this, how can I solve this? Any ideas?

Thanks and all the best,
Werner