From: Torsten Kurbad (torsten_at_tk-webart.de)
Date: Thu 27 Jan 2005 - 14:18:35 GMT

Hi!

I'm running linux-2.4.28-vs1.2.10 on a Gentoo-System and recently
upgraded to util-vserver-0.30.196.

Since /dev/reboot is gone now in the vserver (Gentoo uses devfs), I
can't use vreboot anymore. On the other hand, typing reboot inside a
vserver reboots the whole machine, which is definitely not what I intend
to do...

The thing is that I have users who should be only allowed to access the
vserver via ssh, not the host system - thus it is impossible for them to
use
vserver foo restart
on the host system.

Any hints on how to reenable the functionality of vreboot?

Thanks in advance,
Torsten