Re: [vserver] Upgrading quest from Debian squeeze to wheezy

From: Ghislain <gadnet_at_aqueos.com>
Date: Mon 14 Oct 2013 - 09:50:11 BST

Le 09/10/2013 11:50, Jean Weisbuch a écrit :
> Well, I only got the issue with dist-upgrading which is not the most
> common action but you are right that its not perfect.
> What is the best way to do so?

with insserv this is broken in that regards because you can only remove.
If you want a service to be installed but not launched you must disable
it but not completly remove links as if there is no link at all any
update will bring back the default.. So this is a little silly like this:

update-rc.d <name> remove
update-rc.d <name> stop 10 runlevel

exemple:
update-rc.d hwclock.sh remove
update-rc.d hwclock.sh stop 10 S

This way an update will not bring them back.

  The possible way to get rid of dependancy issue would be to create a
dummy service with LSB header that way:

#! /bin/sh
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# *Provides: *$local_fs $network $remote_fs $time hostname mountkernfs
# Required-Start:
# Required-Stop:
# Default-Start: 3
# Default-Stop: 0 1 2 4 5 6
# Short-Description: Dummy service for dependency
### END INIT INFO

exit(0);

as those should be provided at the start by util-vserver.

but perhaps there is better way.

Regards,
Ghislain.