[vserver] Apache unable to bind

From: Phil Daws <uxbod_at_splatnix.net>
Date: Mon 23 Apr 2012 - 09:17:57 BST

Hello all,

I moved a guest between servers over the weekend and when I attempted to start it I received the following error:

Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

I checked its etc/hosts and that did not have the loopback address in it. I even tried binding the IP address on Listen in httpd.conf.

There are two other guests on the server that run an Apache instance and NGINX as-well. I shut both of them down and then the moved guest could happily start Apache. If I shut everything down and started the NGINX guest first followed by the existing Apache instance both work fine.

Any thoughts as to why this moved guest cannot start Apache ? It is though something is completely glomming port 80 :(

--
Thanks, Phil