Re: [vserver] Fwd: Re: 3.2.9 and locking problem

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 21:44:09 GMT

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 05:21:21PM +0100, Arkadiusz Mi??kiewicz wrote:
> Hi,

> vserver patch introduces a bug in xfs handling in 3.2 kernels.
> It causes hangs

> like http://oss.sgi.com/pipermail/xfs/2012-March/017685.html

> Here is info on how to fix it:

thanks! added to my 3.2.x tree, will be part of the next
update/upload ...

> The 3.0 version doesn't have this bug.

> And btw, the additions to the on-disk format are gross -
> this stuff broke before and will break again when we add new
> features.

alternatives and better solutions are always welcome, I
do not use xfs personally, so we could as well remove the
tagging stuff if there is some kind of feature in xfs which
provides similar functionality (or nobody wants this kind
of functionality with xfs :)