Re: [vserver] XFS read-only bind mount issue

From: Eric Schoeller <eschoeller_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Fri 02 Apr 2010 - 15:09:40 BST

Thanks Corey and Ghislain,

Upgrading to the util-vserver hosted on psand fixed the problem. I had
been running 2.6.22.19-vs2.2.0.7 with the generic debian lenny
util-vserver on another server for 6 months with no problems (that I
knew of!) but this system didn't have XFS. I'll upgrade that one next to
make sure this doesn't bite me in some other way.
Upgrading util-vserver was somewhat of a pain. I had my vservers in
/vservers instead of /var/lib/vservers. From what I could see neither
package on psand really fit my needs exactly but I went with
util-vserver-baisc-debian. No matter what trickery I used, I could not
get the pre-install script to accept my configuration. Even after
changing vdirbase and symlinking /var/lib/vservers to /vservers the
pre-install script would fail. I finally removed /vservers and
re-mounted my slices to /var/lib/vservers. All is ok now! I guess I
could have built my own util-vserver, but I was lazy :) Now I just miss
vserver-debiantools.

Thanks again,

Eric