Re: [vserver] Nagios monitoring of host

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_cyber-office.net>
Date: Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 05:32:06 BST

John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 07:48 -0700, Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
>> John A. Sullivan III wrote:

<snip />

>> Rod
> That is a lot of change all at once!

Tell me. It was suppose to happen over the next few months then bang
(NOC is at the business office building) we're moving it all!

> However, for the one issue you addressed, I would think check ping
> would do just fine. Use check ping to ensure the underlying host is
> alive and make the host the parent of the guests.

Sloped shoulders and a flat forehead. You're spot on. Too close to the
problem and too new to the application.

> For more complicated scenarios, e.g., compound dependencies, Nagios
> does have a powerful dependency check but that seems overkill if I
> understand your needs correctly. Am I missing something?

Nope you got me heading in the right direction. Thanks!

Rod