[Vserver] Re: Quotas on LVM inside Vserver, once again

Date: Tue 26 Dec 2006 - 14:22:44 GMT

And it's me again... Re-reading my previous mail once again, I noticed a
typo (missing 'i' in 'ccapabilites'), which is also included in serveral
howtos.

So after fixing the filename another effect occurs:

    HOST:/# cat /etc/vservers/web/ccapabilities
    quota_ctl

    ^^ this is still a blank line.

    HOST:/# vserver web start
    Unknown ccap 'quota_ctl'

    An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
    there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
    (/etc/init.d/rc 2) failed.

    Common causes are:
    * /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' \
    build method knows how to deal with this, but on existing \
    installations, appending 'true' to this file will help.

    Failed to start vserver 'web'

Grmpf, obviously quota capabitlity was not given at all, yet...

However, the previous error doesn't lead my any further, as "quota_ctl"
is the right parameter according to

    http://linux-vserver.org/Capabilities_and_Flags
    http://oldwiki.linux-vserver.org/Caps+And+Flags
    http://svn.linux-vserver.org/svn/util-vserver/trunk/lib/ccaps-v13.c

Does the context capability 'quota_ctl' depend on anything else than the
vserver-patch (vs2.0.2.1-grsec2.1.9)?

kind regards, again,
   Thorsten