Re: [Vserver] Re: [Devel] Container Test Campaign

From: Clément Calmels <clement.calmels_at_fr.ibm.com>
Date: Tue 04 Jul 2006 - 12:10:11 BST

Hi,

> from the tests:
> "For benchs inside real 'guest' nodes (OpenVZ/VServer) you should
> take into account that the FS tested is not the 'host' node one's."
>
> at least for Linux-VServer it should not be hard to avoid the
> chroot/filesystem namespace part and have it run on the host fs.
> a bind mount into the guest might do the trick too, if you need
> help to accomplish that, just let me know ...

For the moment I just use the chcontext command to get rid of filesystem
part. But even if the tested filesystem is not the host filesystem, I
just keep in mind that all applications running inside a 'guest' will
use _this_ filesystem and not the host one.
>From what I understand about VServer, it looks flexible enougth to let
us test different 'virtualisation' parts. A 'guest' looks like a stack
of different 'virtualisation' layers (chcontext + ipv4root + chroot).
But it's not the case for all solutions.

Best regards,

--
Clément Calmels <clement.calmels@fr.ibm.com>