[Vserver] Denial of service issue

From: Russell Kliese <russell_at_kliese.wattle.id.au>
Date: Tue 13 Jun 2006 - 12:16:48 BST

I was just reading an article on kernel trap that raised some issues about
linux-vservers: http://kerneltrap.org/node/6492 .

In particular, the following denial of service attack from within a
vserver seemed worrying because of it's simplicity.

> run a program doing `mkdir("aaa"); chdir("aaa");' in a loop inside
> Linux-VServer VPS and see what happens.

Is there work being done to prevent such DoS attacks? I have to admit that
I haven't tested this yet and it might just be FUD, but I thought that I
might as well ask.

Russell