[Vserver] totem-video-thumbnailer within vserver?

From: Martin Fick <mogulguy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon 12 Jun 2006 - 22:43:24 BST

Ok, this is going to be a little out there. I am
trying to run the totem-video-thumbnailer inside a
vserver and this is the error message I get:

  ERROR: Could not determine network interfaces,
  you must use a interfaces config line

Totem brings in every dependency imaginable, half of
gnome, xine ...

After searching for this error message on google (typo
and all, "a interfaces"), this is what I found:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-July/070951.html

Not very useful, but it does look like some low level
networking library error. Anyone have any suggestions
on this one, even if it involves making the vserver
slightly less isolated from the host?

Thanks,

-Martin

Oh, any suggestions for an alternative video
thumbnailer are welcomed (it has to handle avis)!