Re: [Vserver] vserver build docs, and vserver docs in general

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 17 May 2006 - 18:09:12 BST

On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 09:26:46PM +0200, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a lot of place for constructing Vservers with vserver build.
> But i am a little confused as i do not find anything about what are
> the vserver build parameters and documentation.

http://linux-vserver.org/alpha+util-vserver

vserver - build --help

> I have searched the wiki, googled and such without success. Anyone
> can give me a hand ?
>
> I do not know if this is me but to find a easy guide with all the
> options of the vserver and vserver utils would be a great help.

well, usually the --help option of the main tool
is the reference, but feel free to create and
maintain such a guide ...

> Even the "great flower page" can be seen as a funny private joke
> but i certainly think that this "private joke" is quite repelling to
> any user trying to unsderstand this project (yes we can select the
> style page but really....). I think perhaps this is time to washify
> the docs to gets the core doc into one comprehensive document not
> linked to a particular user or distrib like all the "how-to" present
> on the site that are very helpfull but not enough "oficials" and all
> geared toward specific items like feudora or debian or ubuntu, nothing
> general, no practical exemple in a general presentation . All this is
> confusing no ?

go ahead, I'm always fine with improving the
documentation, and restructure stuff, but note,
the emphasis is on 'improving' not just moving
around stuff ...

http://linux-vserver.org/Linux-VServer-Paper

http://linux-vserver.org/Step-by-Step+Guide+2.6

http://linux-vserver.org/Resource+Limits
http://linux-vserver.org/Scheduler+Parameters
http://www.nongnu.org/util-vserver/doc/conf/configuration.html

http://linux-vserver.org/HowtoPrivateNetworking
http://linux-vserver.org/Disk+Limits
http://linux-vserver.org/Standard+non-shared+quota
http://linux-vserver.org/alpha+util-vserver (hashify)

http://linux-vserver.org/Documentation
http://linux-vserver.org/ (Contacts)

http://linux-vserver.org/Hall+of+Fame

> Will greatly help the project stand against other virtualisation
> technology, does it make sense to you or is it just me ?

still makes sense ... so if you want to invest time
in 'improving' be my guest ...