[Vserver] vserver build docs, and vserver docs in general

From: ADNET Ghislain <gadnet_at_aqueos.com>
Date: Sun 14 May 2006 - 20:26:46 BST

Hi,

  I found a lot of place for constructing Vservers with vserver build.
But i am a little confused as i do not find anything about what are the
vserver build parameters and documentation.

 I have searched the wiki, googled and such without success. Anyone can
give me a hand ?

 I do not know if this is me but to find a easy guide with all the
options of the vserver and vserver utils would be a great help.

   Even the "great flower page" can be seen as a funny private joke but
i certainly think that this "private joke" is quite repelling to any
user trying to unsderstand this project (yes we can select the style
page but really....). I think perhaps this is time to washify the docs
to gets the core doc into one comprehensive document not linked to a
particular user or distrib like all the "how-to" present on the site
that are very helpfull but not enough "oficials" and all geared toward
specific items like feudora or debian or ubuntu, nothing general, no
practical exemple in a general presentation . All this is confusing no ?

  I think really a manual with:

1/ concept
2/ technical way this is done (general level)
3/ how to install a vserver kernel ( neutral "vanilla" most details,
debian, feudora exemple )
    -- until here those allready exist so are just to be compiled
together ----
4/ how to install util-veser ( neutral "vanilla" most details,
debian, feudora exemple )
5/ how to build a vserver guest and the various options ( debian
guest, ubuntu guest, feudora guest .... )
6/ How to configure and limit guest systems with a flower page without
the private joke
7/ Practical exemples ( guest using the main eth0, guest NATED, guest
quota, guest bandwidht limits, guest CPU limitation, guest load
balancing, guest washification etc... )
8/ Where to find more, with links to the contribued how to and the wiki
etc..., mailing list link
9/ contrib page, we welcome your help

Will greatly help the project stand against other virtualisation
technology, does it make sense to you or is it just me ?

I think this manual can stay in vanilla/debian/feudora land and let
contributed how-to complete the picture. Also the mix of 1.0 and 2.0
FAQ/how-to is troubling me, is there any way to put 1.0 and 2.0 docs in
two separate part ?

--
Cordialement,
Ghislain ADNET.