Re: [Vserver] setting the MAC address for a vserver

From: Bert De Vuyst <Bert.DeVuyst_at_intec.ugent.be>
Date: Wed 21 Dec 2005 - 23:42:58 GMT

On Thursday 15 December 2005 15:53, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> depending on the number of guests which would
> require such changes, and the way the check is
> implemented, you could do one of the following:
>
> - write a preload library/command wrapper to fake the MAC
> - hack the kernel to report per guest MAC
> - use dummy interfaces and assign a separate MAC

To avoid any misunderstanding. We do pay our license fees for the software.
I just would like to move the license server from a dedicated machine to a
vserver, and have a second copy of this vserver as a failover on a other
machine.
Moving a license is expensive and it still doesn't allow us to implement a
failover for the license server.

Best regards,

Bert.