Re: [Vserver] gentoo util-vserver -r5 problem

From: Christian Heim <phreak_at_gentoo.org>
Date: Sun 30 Oct 2005 - 19:40:03 GMT

On Sunday 30 October 2005 17:52, Chuck wrote:
> is there any difference between the util-veserver packages i can download
> and the ones emerged via Gentoo portage? I use genoo and have always gotten
> this pkg from portage. If there is no difference, then I will download and
> try it otherwise I will wait till its avail in portage. don't want to break

There is a somewhat difference between the vanilla util-vserver and the one
shipped by/with portage. For a detailed list of changes / patches, please
have a look at [1] the patch-tarball used by the ebuild.

[1]http://dev.gentoo.org/~hollow/vserver/util-vserver/util-vserver-0.30.208-gentoo-r5.tar.bz2

--
Christian Heim <phreak@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux Developer - vserver