From: Gilles (gilles_at_harfang.homelinux.org)
Date: Thu 08 Sep 2005 - 00:48:38 BST

Hello.

(1)
The "http://list.linux-vserver.org/archive/vserver/msg10591.html"
post refers to the efficiency of 32 bits vservers on 64 bits kernel.

I tried to build a vserver with the "debootstrap" method (using
the "--arch" and "--foreign" options), but didn't succeed: the
"--second-stage" aborts with

 I: Installing core packages...
 I: Unpacking required packages...
 I: Configuring required packages...
 I: Installing base packages...
 W: Failure while configuring base packages. This will be attempted 5 times.
 W: Failure while configuring base packages. This will be attempted 5 times.
 W: Failure while configuring base packages. This will be attempted 5 times.
 W: Failure while configuring base packages. This will be attempted 5 times.
 W: Failure while configuring base packages. This will be attempted 5 times.

Please let me know how to get it right...

Info: util-vserver (Debian package) version 0.30.208-1
      kernel 2.6.12.4-vs2.0 on AMD64]

(2)
I also (again) have problems with "init" ("--initstyle plain"):
When entering the vserver, its init process starts to use up all
the CPU resources. And when stopping:

 A timeout occured while waiting for the vserver to finish and it was
 killed by sending a SIGKILL signal. Please investigate the reasons
 and/or increase the timeout in apps/vshelper/sync-timeout.

Thanks and best regards,
Gilles