From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Fri 09 Sep 2005 - 01:24:52 BST

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 01:48 +0200, Gilles wrote:
> The "http://list.linux-vserver.org/archive/vserver/msg10591.html"
> post refers to the efficiency of 32 bits vservers on 64 bits kernel.
> I tried to build a vserver with the "debootstrap" method (using
> the "--arch" and "--foreign" options), but didn't succeed: the
> "--second-stage" aborts with

Try building the image with plain debootstrap, ie without vserver xxx
build -m debootstrap.

If that doesn't work, it's probably not specifically vserver-related.

I've found that building woody on newer 2.6 kernels doesn't work, as the
base .debs are not compatible with the kernel. You'll get an mmap
error. But if you're building sarge, it should work.

Sam.