From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 27 Apr 2004 - 13:56:16 BST

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 05:48:28PM -0600, Lucas Albers wrote:
> I am able to mount an nfs directory from the master and chbind it to the
> slave when I run the mount manually.
>
> When mounted via the startup script it does not work.
>
> Any obvious idea what I am doing wrong?

I'd need a few more details ...
but basically nfs mounts and vserver do not
work that well (with the stable branch)

> steps to manually do it:
> mount it from master under a vserver:

is this via ssh logon, or on the console?

> chbind --ip 153.90.xxx.xx mount -t nfs -o soft xxx.montana.edu:/mount
> /var/lib/vservers/web2/mount/;

what does /proc/self/status show here?

> script to mount in /etc/vservers/web2.sh:
> ###
> #!/bin/sh
> case $1 in
> pre-start)

and what does /proc/self/status contain here?

> chbind --ip 153.90.xxx.xx mount -t nfs -o soft xxx.montana.edu:/mount
> /var/lib/vservers/web2/mount/;
> ;;
> post-start)
> ;;
> pre-stop)
> ;;
> post-stop)
> umount -v /var/lib/vservers/web2/students ;
> ;;
> esac
> ###
>
> Perhaps I believe, I am not fully understanding the difference between
> running chbind and running a mount from the activation script.
>
> Thank you, for whatever advice you can provide.
>
> Other pertinent information:
> vserver 1.26, kernel 2.4.25, debian, vserver-.29-3

do you know what tools 'vserver-.29-3' are? I have no clue ...

 - is this vserver or util-vserver?
 - if util-vserver, then stable, pre or alpha?