From: Lucas Albers (admin_at_cs.montana.edu)
Date: Tue 27 Apr 2004 - 19:57:10 BST

Herbert Poetzl said:

> I'd need a few more details ...
> but basically nfs mounts and vserver do not
> work that well (with the stable branch)
>
>> steps to manually do it:
>> mount it from master under a vserver:
>
> is this via ssh logon, or on the console?
via ssh login I can mount the directory from the master.
as the slave does not have CAP anything.

>> chbind --ip 153.90.xxx.xx mount -t nfs -o soft xxx.montana.edu:/mount
>> /var/lib/vservers/web2/mount/;
>
> what does /proc/self/status show here?
Name: more
State: R (running)
Tgid: 25842
Pid: 25842
PPid: 25832
TracerPid: 0
Uid: 0 0 0 0
Gid: 0 0 0 0
FDSize: 256
Groups: 0
VmSize: 1940 kB
VmLck: 0 kB
VmRSS: 1188 kB
VmData: 204 kB
VmStk: 24 kB
VmExe: 48 kB
VmLib: 3032 kB
SigPnd: 0000000000000000
SigBlk: 0000000000000000
SigIgn: 8000000000000000
SigCgt: 0000000008080006
CapInh: 0000000000000000
CapPrm: 00000000fffffeff
CapEff: 00000000fffffeff
CapBset: 00000000fffffeff
s_context: 0
ctxticks: none
ctxflags: none
initpid: none
ipv4root: 0
ipv4root_bcast: 0

>> script to mount in /etc/vservers/web2.sh:
>> ###
>> #!/bin/sh
>> case $1 in
>> pre-start)
>
> and what does /proc/self/status contain here?

State: R (running)
Tgid: 25937
Pid: 25937
PPid: 25935
TracerPid: 0
Uid: 0 0 0 0
Gid: 0 0 0 0
FDSize: 256
Groups: 0
VmSize: 1632 kB
VmLck: 0 kB
VmRSS: 760 kB
VmData: 200 kB
VmStk: 16 kB
VmExe: 32 kB
VmLib: 2600 kB
SigPnd: 0000000000000000
SigBlk: 0000000000000000
SigIgn: 8000000000000000
SigCgt: 0000000000000000
CapInh: 0000000000000000
CapPrm: 00000000fffffeff
CapEff: 00000000fffffeff
CapBset: 00000000fffffeff
s_context: 0
ctxticks: none
ctxflags: none
initpid: none
ipv4root: 0
ipv4root_bcast: 0

>> chbind --ip 153.90.xxx.xx mount -t nfs -o soft xxx.montana.edu:/mount
>> /var/lib/vservers/web2/mount/;
>> ;;
>> post-start)
>> ;;
>> pre-stop)
>> ;;
>> post-stop)
>> umount -v /var/lib/vservers/web2/students ;
>> ;;
>> esac
>> ###
>>
>> Other pertinent information:
>> vserver 1.26, kernel 2.4.25, debian, vserver-.29-3
>
> do you know what tools 'vserver-.29-3' are? I have no clue ...
I have vserver 0.29-3

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering