From: Lucas Albers (admin_at_cs.montana.edu)
Date: Tue 27 Apr 2004 - 00:48:28 BST

I am able to mount an nfs directory from the master and chbind it to the
slave when I run the mount manually.

When mounted via the startup script it does not work.

Any obvious idea what I am doing wrong?

steps to manually do it:
mount it from master under a vserver:
chbind --ip 153.90.xxx.xx mount -t nfs -o soft xxx.montana.edu:/mount
/var/lib/vservers/web2/mount/;

script to mount in /etc/vservers/web2.sh:
###
#!/bin/sh
case $1 in
pre-start)
chbind --ip 153.90.xxx.xx mount -t nfs -o soft xxx.montana.edu:/mount
/var/lib/vservers/web2/mount/;
;;
post-start)
;;
pre-stop)
;;
post-stop)
umount -v /var/lib/vservers/web2/students ;
;;
esac
###

Perhaps I believe, I am not fully understanding the difference between
running chbind and running a mount from the activation script.

Thank you, for whatever advice you can provide.

Other pertinent information:
vserver 1.26, kernel 2.4.25, debian, vserver-.29-3

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering