From: Fritz Kron (fritz.kron_at_domaintechnik.at)
Date: Fri 12 Dec 2003 - 15:06:14 GMT

Hi Herbert,

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:11:43 +0100
Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 02:17:24PM +0100, Fritz Kron wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> Hi Fritz!
>
> > We just got the v1.21 patched kernel up (debian) and are
> > very interested in diffs to get the 0.29 tools running.
> >
> > BTW. ? whats about the bugs in V1.2 Jonathan Sambrook wrote
> > patches for, is v1.21 realy stable or is it just alot of
> > work compiling and installing the stuff for crashing the server?
>
> 1.20/21 does contain a bugfix Jonathan and I did, it
> does not contain the sem replacement Jonathan posted
> yesterday ;)

that means 1.21 should work quite stable and will not be outdated in some weeks?

> > What is the meaning of "STABLE" - some kind of testing versions?
>
> what is the meaning of "testing version"? something the
> people don't even look at, because they stick to the
> 'stable' releases?
>
> how do you think, vserver should evolve?

It seems changes and releases are done a little bit too fast, which version do you suggest to use for production environment? (nameserver, customers etc)

> if 'stable' for you means that the code is bugfree, you
> have to do a logical proof for it, this can be done for
> 20-30 lines of code, welcome to the real world ...
>
> every 'bug' I'm informed of, will be fixed as soon as
> possible, that's exactly what we did for vs1.21, if
> you think ctx-17 is more stable, or ctx-12 or whatever,
> please feel free to use that version or none at all ...

Sure there will be bugs in newly written code and
after some bugfixes and testing it gets often ;) more "Stable".

What are the future plans for vserver?
Is there a team of developers working together making releases
or will there be a lot of different releases from each developer one?

You guys make good work so far, thank you!

regards Fritz