From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 12 Dec 2003 - 14:11:43 GMT

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 02:17:24PM +0100, Fritz Kron wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Fritz!

> We just got the v1.21 patched kernel up (debian) and are
> very interested in diffs to get the 0.29 tools running.
>
> BTW. ? whats about the bugs in V1.2 Jonathan Sambrook wrote
> patches for, is v1.21 realy stable or is it just alot of
> work compiling and installing the stuff for crashing the server?

1.20/21 does contain a bugfix Jonathan and I did, it
does not contain the sem replacement Jonathan posted
yesterday ;)

> What is the meaning of "STABLE" - some kind of testing versions?

what is the meaning of "testing version"? something the
people don't even look at, because they stick to the
'stable' releases?

how do you think, vserver should evolve?

if 'stable' for you means that the code is bugfree, you
have to do a logical proof for it, this can be done for
20-30 lines of code, welcome to the real world ...

every 'bug' I'm informed of, will be fixed as soon as
possible, that's exactly what we did for vs1.21, if
you think ctx-17 is more stable, or ctx-12 or whatever,
please feel free to use that version or none at all ...