From: Thomas Gebhardt (gebhardt_at_HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE)
Date: Tue 11 Nov 2003 - 08:45:55 GMT

Hi,

> COOKIE=`xauth list $DISPLAY`
> vserver foo enter
> xauth add $COOKIE

doesn't seem to work for me. As far as I can see, there is no way
to write from a vserver process to a socket on the master server.
That's part of the vserver concept, isn't it?

> that's the rough idea, anyway. Otherwise use an X11 proxy like
> dxpc.

If the master server has an interface in a private network and
the vserver is running a public service on a second, public interface,
I would hesitate to run a network proxy on the master accepting
unencrypted traffic from the vserver. The best solution to achieve
ssh X11 forwarding seems to be to run sshd on the vserver, too.

Thanks, Thomas