From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Tue 11 Nov 2003 - 15:50:09 GMT

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:45, Thomas Gebhardt wrote;

> doesn't seem to work for me. As far as I can see, there is no way
> to write from a vserver process to a socket on the master server.
> That's part of the vserver concept, isn't it?

Yes, you can't do unix domain sockets between chroot()
environments... unless I'm missing something simple. Maybe it can be
done if they have the same device/inode.

otherwise, set up a virtual interface on lo;

  ifconfig lo:x11 127.1.2.3 up

and get X/dxpc to listen on that. Then only X11 connections from the
local machine will be let in, and only if they have the right cookie.

--
Sam Vilain, sam_at_vilain.net

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age 18. ALBERT EINSTEIN