From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 11 Nov 2003 - 07:02:47 GMT

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 01:04:33AM -0500, Allen D. Parker II wrote:
> SIOCSIFNETMASK: Invalid argument
>
> Upon the start of all 3 of my vservers I get this line output first. I've
> seen something along these lines when there's a failed network on a "host"
> machine boot. Why would my vservers be doing this and what can I do to fix
> it? Also, this has been a problem since I was running Jack's vserver stuff
> (ctx-17 and 0.23)

I assume that the NETMASK isn't specified as expected
and the tools misinterpret the value in such way, that
the kernel isn't able to accept the passed data ...

maybe a kernel/tool version plus the <name>.conf of
one of your vservers (a complaining one) would shed
some light on this issue ...

TIA,
Herbert