From: Nuno Silva (nuno.silva_at_vgertech.com)
Date: Tue 15 Jul 2003 - 21:25:50 BST

Dariush Pietrzak wrote:
> Hello....
> I'd like a setup with various vservers on different console,
> alt-f1 -> vserver1, alt-f2 -> vserver2, etc...
> I figured I just put /usr/sbin/chcontext --ctx 2 /sbin/getty tty...etc
> instead of getty in /etc/inittab,
> but it seems like it's not the right way to do that, I get failures ( init
> respawning too fast...) but I can't diagnose where the problem is.

You must create the /dev/ttyX in the vserver. In the host, cd
/vservers/NAME/dev and mknod it.

Then you must disable the getties running in that tty (in the host).

Then you must run getty from inside the vserver (initscripts or inittab).

> Am I doing something wrong?
> How can I locate the problem?

Good luck,
Nuno Silva

Generated on Tue 15 Jul 2003 - 21:47:44 BST by hypermail 2.1.3