From: Tor Rune Skoglund (trs_at_datakompaniet.no)
Date: Thu 05 Jun 2003 - 23:55:41 BST

> I know this can be done if the template server has the 'real' files but I
> was wonder if I can clone a vserver that's a clone of a vserver - and not
> bring the world down around my ears.
>
> Heck I'm going to try it shortly but I'll ask incase I need to do any life
> support if it don't work. This way the reply should be awaiting me. :-)

My experience is that that should work, but generally I
have found that I can only make an 100% clone when
using --preserve=all as a flag to cp. Don't know why,
but apache did at least behave the same way then. :-)

Also remember to stop the server to be cloned before
actually cloning it.

Best regards
Tor Rune Skoglund
torrunes_at_datakompaniet.no

Generated on Fri 06 Jun 2003 - 00:28:17 BST by hypermail 2.1.3