From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sat 08 Mar 2003 - 14:23:01 GMT

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 06:22:15PM -0600, Eje Gustafsson wrote:
> How can I help debug this ? The recompiled kernel with the different
> NIC worked a whole lot better but it still went down one me today.

If I read the mail thread right (the second time)
you witness about 6 crashes per day which would
give an average uptime of 3-6 hours ...

If this is true, your machine would be the ideal
candidate to track down this bug ...

1) please make sure that ksymoops is installed
2) attach a serial line to your machine and capture
   the kernel oops and "decode" them with ksymoops
3) please, please check the kernel patch sets
   on my homepage (2.4.20 and 2.4.21 ..)
   http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/patches-2.4.20-ctx16/
   http://www.13thfloor.at/VServer/patches-2.4.21/

try to do some network/cpu load monitoring via
network syslog or something similar ...

> Anything I can install/do to make capture the crash info
> for review of a kernel hacker ?

It would be great to attach a kernel debugger
via the serial line to do some in crash search ...

PS: if you have any questions, contact me ...

> / Eje

Generated on Sat 08 Mar 2003 - 14:47:34 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3