From: Luís Miguel Silva (lms_at_ispgaya.pt)
Date: Tue 14 Jan 2003 - 13:17:49 GMT

Hmm...we are also having problems on one of our servers!

It misteriously crashes! (we dont know if it is a kernel crash or a
hardware crash...but this email made me suspicious!)

We have three servers with "exactly" the same configurations:
p4 2ghz, 512MBram, 2 disks ata100 (doing raid) (80GB each).
Kernel 2.4.19ctx-15 (SMP support alltough there is only one CPU per box).

The only thing that changes on the boxes are the disks. One of them has a
scsi controller + scsi hdd.

Did anybody find out what causes that "kernel crash" somebody mentioned a
month ago?

Best regards,
+-----------------------------------------
+-----------------------------------------

> There was a discussion about a month back about machines hanging with
> various vserver kernels. I have 3 that are rock-solid stable, and one
> that is a DOG (no offense to dogs intended) despite repeated kernel
> recompiles, multiple versions, hardware swaps, etc.
>
> Check the archives at www.paul.sladen.org/vserver, and specifically
> http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/200212/0238.html for the
> thread.
>
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Hans-Jürgen Schwarz wrote:
>
>> Hello Cathy,
>>
>> Am Sonntag, 12. Januar 2003 02:17 schrieb Cathy Sarisky:
>>
>> [...]
>> > that has NEVER done the mysterious vserver-related hang and has done
>> 90+ days uptime between reboots.
>>
>> I never heard about such behavior. Can you tell me more about it? Does
>> that mean vservers are not realy reliable for production purposes?
>>
>> thank you very much
>>
>> Hans-Juergen

Generated on Wed 15 Jan 2003 - 17:17:03 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3