From: Cathy Sarisky (cathy_at_acornhosting.net)
Date: Tue 14 Jan 2003 - 06:13:27 GMT

There was a discussion about a month back about machines hanging with
various vserver kernels. I have 3 that are rock-solid stable, and one
that is a DOG (no offense to dogs intended) despite repeated kernel
recompiles, multiple versions, hardware swaps, etc.

Check the archives at www.paul.sladen.org/vserver, and specifically
http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/200212/0238.html for the
thread.

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Hans-Jürgen Schwarz wrote:

> Hello Cathy,
>
> Am Sonntag, 12. Januar 2003 02:17 schrieb Cathy Sarisky:
>
> [...]
> > that has NEVER done the mysterious vserver-related hang and has done
> > 90+ days uptime between reboots.
>
> I never heard about such behavior. Can you tell me more about it? Does
> that mean vservers are not realy reliable for production purposes?
>
> thank you very much
>
> Hans-Juergen

Generated on Wed 15 Jan 2003 - 17:17:03 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3