From: Martin List-Petersen (martin_at_list-petersen.dk)
Date: Sun 05 Jan 2003 - 09:20:13 GMT

Citat ragnar_at_this.is:

> -------------
> What's up with different versions for debian ??
> ------------------
>
> I am trying the install from Paul Sladen
>
> The one by Ola Lundqvist depends on the ustable
> libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1), what is the point of that?
> I would be happy to try it but do prefer to
> use woddy on both root and virtual servers.
> vserver enter - works on Paul's version.

vserver enter works also on Ola's version, so why the fuzz ? Regarding that
libc6 dependency: You can allways get the source and recompile Ola's vserver
package for Woody. The dependency for the higher libc6 is only due to compile
on a Sid distro.

> > This is not FHS ``compliant'' (sticks with /vservers/).

Ola's should be FHS complient.

> What about LVM?

Wan't a recommendation ? Put an UPS on your server before you install LVM and
make sure that it shuts down correctly EVERY time. You will loose data, if it
doesn't and it wont help you running reiserfs or ext3, because it's the LVM
layer, that gets damaged on powerloss or simple reset.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot dk

Generated on Wed 15 Jan 2003 - 17:17:03 GMT by hypermail 2.1.3