[vserver] Centos7

From: Ron Jeremy <ronjeremy_69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu 22 Sep 2016 - 13:53:08 BST

I have been using linux-vserver on my machines for over 10 years, rock solid and I don't know what I would do without it!

That being said, I am at a point now where I have requirements where I absolutely need to have some Centos7 guests. I understand it still cant be installed as a linux-vserver guest because util-vserver doesnt work with systemd yet.

Centos5 "end of life" is less than a year away, glibc in Centos6 (eol in 2020) is already too old for many current applications, so Centos7 support i would think is going to have to be inevitable. I have had to resort to buying a separate machine to install Centos7 standalone. I am sure there are a ton of happy linux-vserver users in the same boat, and as time goes on and distros use systemd it is going to become even more urgent, else linux-vserver will be left by the wayside.

So please, please make it a priority to be able to install a Centos7 guest!