Re: [vserver] Jessie kernels for repo.psand.net

From: Ben Green <ben_at_bristolwireless.net>
Date: Fri 30 Jan 2015 - 08:58:59 GMT

Quoting Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>:

>> Herbert is working on the 3.18 and I hope he can release a
>> first version this week - if you want to add some testing
>> efforts, we'd all be happy ;D
>
> And here it is [1], thanks to Oliver putting some quality
> time and money into the 3.18 port!
>
> Note that this patch also includes most of the ktag fixes
> (thanks to undefined :) and the delta-pidns-fix01.diff [2]
> (which is for older kernels) to fix the /proc issues with
> pid namespaces (thanks to Alexander for creating a test
> case and testing the patch).

Thanks Herbert,

the kernels for Jessie are now live on repo.psand.net, a 3.14 and a
3.18 one. Util-vserver is also now available for Jessie.

The 3.14 and 3.18 kernels have also been added to Wheezy.

On Jessie there's a weird problem where the metapackages, being
linux-image-vserver-3.14-beng, linux-image-vserver-3.18-beng and so on
will re-install on every attempted upgrade or install. This is a
minimal disruption, I'll look into it. If anyone else wants to have a
look around the packages and see why this might be happening, please
please please do.

Cheers,
Ben