Re: [vserver] Jessie kernels for repo.psand.net

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 12:16:49 GMT

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 09:13:45AM +0100, Oliver Welter wrote:
> Hi Ben,

> Am 28.01.2015 um 08:58 schrieb Ben Green:
>> I'm currently considering which kernels to start on. I was
>> going to wait for 3.18, the reason being is that interesting
>> kernels turned up during the wheezy release cycle, eventually
>> meaning I'm maintaining 3.2, 3.4, 3.10 and 3.14 for wheezy at
>> the moment.

> Herbert is working on the 3.18 and I hope he can release a
> first version this week - if you want to add some testing
> efforts, we'd all be happy ;D

And here it is [1], thanks to Oliver putting some quality
time and money into the 3.18 port!

Note that this patch also includes most of the ktag fixes
(thanks to undefined :) and the delta-pidns-fix01.diff [2]
(which is for older kernels) to fix the /proc issues with
pid namespaces (thanks to Alexander for creating a test
case and testing the patch).

Enjoy,
Herbert

[1] http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-3.18.4-vs2.3.7.1.diff