Re: [vserver] Vserver to OpenVZ migration

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed 09 Apr 2014 - 17:06:09 BST

On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 03:50:15PM +0000, DLASALLE@barreau.qc.ca wrote:
> Hi again,

> Hopefully I am querying the right place as i'm attempting to
> migrate a VSERVER VPS to OpenVZ.

I guess if you want to migrate away from Linux-VServer, then
the OpenVZ forum/ML might be more appropriate.

> OpenVZ stores it's disk quota alongside ifconfig informations
> under "/etc/vz/conf/$VEID.conf"

> What is the equivalence in VSERVER? I am aware that according
> to http://linux-vserver.org/Building_Guest_Systems the
> ethernet informations are sometimes(or always?) passed via
> the vserver command (Such as several examples taken from the
> previous URL show: vserver vserver1 build -m debootstrap
> --context<http://linux-vserver.org/Context> 42 --hostname
> vserver1.mydomain.com --interface eth0:192.168.1.10/24 -- -d
> lenny -m http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian)

All the Linux-VServer guest configuration is stored in the
/etc/vservers/<guest-name> directory hierarchy.

> However when editing the /etc/network/interfaces off the VPS,
> it doesn't show anything. Same for setting the HD quota:
> I have no clue where to set it up. I can however live w/out
> finding this information as the VPS does boot up correctly but
> remains unreachable via SSH.

Changes in /etc/vservers/ only have effect if the guest
is restarted, if you want to change guest settings on the
fly, you have to use the commandline tools for that.

HTH,
Herbert