Re: [vserver] Problems Building Guests

From: Corey Wright <undefined_at_pobox.com>
Date: Tue 11 Mar 2014 - 14:25:16 GMT

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 08:59:30 -0400
Ted Barnes <madogdevelopment@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All -
>
> In the past few days, I've not been able to build guests. I'm using
> Wheezy host and guests (3.2.51-vs2.3.2.16-beng). FYI, I do a work
> around to disable some init scripts on mountkernfs.sh, mountdevsubfs.sh,
> and udev in order to get the desktop (Mate) to go in.
>
> I think the errors may have to do with the repo.sand mirror, but it may
> be something else (possibly I've munged my test machine). I'm getting
> the error:
>
> W: Failed to fetch http://repo.psand.net/dists/wheezy/Release.gpg Could
> not resolve 'repo.psand.net'

if you accept what the error message says (ie "could not resolve"), then it's
a dns issue.

why would you be requiring packages from ben's repo when you are trying to
build guests (though hosts i can understand)?

> This is something that was working (I've used the instructions from
> "repo.psand.net/info/) including putting the pubkey in with "wget -0 -
> http://repo.psand.net/pubkey.txt | sudo apt-get add -), so I think this
> error is new.
>
> I have the line "deb http://repo.psand.net / wheezy main" in my
> /etc/apt/sources.list.
>
> Is anyone else having this trouble? Or is this likely something else on
> my end?

i can resolve the hostname just fine:

$ host repo.psand.net
repo.psand.net has address 194.164.97.182

but i don't use ben's repo (i create my own kernel and util-vserver packages
for debian stable).

corey

--
undefined@pobox.com