Re: [vserver] Mini-Kernel - What and where are the latest sources?

From: Allan Latham <alatham_at_flexsys-group.de>
Date: Wed 22 May 2013 - 15:45:46 BST

Hi Ben

Thanks for the very quick anser.

I've got my brand new Wheezy development environment in a vserver and
I'm ready to begin.

When I last compiled Linux (about ten years ago) I used to do:

make menuconfig

do the config change

make bzImage && make modules && make modules_install

I never thought I would need to this again since the major distros
contain reliable up-to-date kernels - regrettably Debian dropped vserver
support.

I have read of several way to build 'the Debian way' so that the result
is a .deb package with the new kernel. Do you have a suggestion - please
point me to a suitable web page.

I don't seem to be able to download your util-verser sources with
apt-get. Is this what I should be doing? I have the original tar from
http://linux-vserver.org/Welcome_to_Linux-VServer.org. Maybe I should
just compile this.

Thank you in advance

Allan