Re: [vserver] is there a vnetstat?

From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Date: Tue 07 May 2013 - 19:24:13 BST

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 07:54:04PM +0200, Allan Latham wrote:
> netstat gets the information from:

> /proc/net/tcp and /proc/net/udp

> The trick must be to make this part of the /proc
> tree fully visible at the host level.

> How I do that is a complete mystery!

it is completely visible from the spectator context
so for example:

 ncontext --migrate --nid 1 -- cat /proc/net/tcp

will show the information for all network contexts,
given that guest privacy is not enabled, i.e.

 # CONFIG_VSERVER_PRIVACY is not set

> My vservers are skeletons containing only the minimum needed
> for the service running in the vserver. Few (none) will have
> netstat available to run via 'vserver exec' and its friends.

> Therefore the need to monitor them from the host.

for obvious reasons, the host context only sees the
connections belonging to the host processes, similar
to the processes (host context = 0) but the spectator
context (1) has all the information.

HTC,
Herbert