Re: [vserver] SOT: Gentoo guest doesnt start after update / ERROR: sshd needs service(s) net

From: Tor Rune Skoglund <trs_at_sg.no>
Date: Sun 27 Jan 2013 - 13:32:58 GMT

Den 27. jan. 2013 14:35, skrev Oliver Welter:
> I know that this is kind of offtopic, but I hope to get some gentoo
> related people here to solve the problem ;)
>
> I upgraded my vserver guests, new udev, etc and now I am lost as the
> network related services are not starting with:
> * ERROR: sshd needs service(s) net
>
> The network itself is running fine but the gentoo rc-system is missing
> the internal depenency flag which is usually pulled in by the network
> interfaces init script.
>
> Anybody can point me to the right direction?

I had the same problem recently. It seems to have to do with the fact
that there was a discussion among gentoo developers on what should
actually "provide" the net service. Apparently, net.lo is not enough
anylonger, or whatever. I don't know the details.

Addingrc_provide="net" to /etc/rc.conf does at least help, I don't know
if that is the "correct" solution, but as net usually is present in any
case without having to start /etc/init.d/net.ethX in a container, I
think it should be OK.

- Tor Rune Skoglund