Re: [vserver] Debian/Ubuntu testing (was: List broken or just everybody on vaccation?)

From: Vasiliy Molostov <molostoff_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu 14 Jun 2012 - 11:21:26 BST

At the moment debian offers 2.6 kernels (as mentioned in vserver install docs
- a link from here
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=linux+image+vserver), and I suspect
that these are old. I suppose that the way to test is to install required
kernel image (as for latest is 3.4.1) with appropriate 2.3.x.x experimental
patch, plus util-vserver package.

I would be thankful if you can point to prebuild packaged binary. I plan to
run it on ubuntu precise, but before try I am afraid of udev and modules since
host runs lvm2 disk layout. Can be this a problem for vserver-enabled kernel
image?