Re: [vserver] LV and CentOS 6

From: Roderick A. Anderson <raanders_at_cyber-office.net>
Date: Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 22:11:03 BST

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> Now that CentOS 6 is available and I have an opportunity build a system
> from scratch I was checking on options to do this.
>
> Nothing on the web site yet so I thought I'd look at Daniel's repo to
> see if he's found the tuits to build a new kernel and util-vserver*
> packages. Problem is I can't reach the site.
>
> So this is a two for one: Daniel, is rpm.hozac.com having problems?
>
> And has anyone taken, or planning on taking, the CentOS 6 plunge?

Well I'm getting the pieces in place but have some questions.

The plan:

    1. Install CentOS 6 from the minimal CD/DVD.
    2. Update to the LV kernel from Daniel's repo.

The questions:

    1. The repo only has CentOS 4 and 5 listed. What tricks do I have to
       use the repo for CentOS 6? (Sorry Daniel if this is still a work
       in progress and I'm getting ahead of the game.)
    2. Will the *el6* SRPMS work for CentOS 6?
    3. And what are the *dhz* packages -- mkinitrd and yum -- for?

TIA,
Rod