Re: [vserver] Automatic gratuitous ARP on startup

From: Ghislain <gadnet_at_aqueos.com>
Date: Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 08:58:57 BST

Le 18/08/2011 07:17, Christian Balzer a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> Would have joined the IRC channel and asked there, but a) it doesn't let
> me connect (prolly because I'm hailing from smelly Asia) and b) despite
> the log mail archives tend to be the first thing people go looking for
> previously asked questions.
>
> Anyways, I would love to issue a gratuitous ARP (arping) when a vserver
> comes up, using the normal vserver-util framework. My hope is to find
> something akin to the "up do-stuff" ability of /etc/network/interfaces
> control file for ifup/ifdown.
> While the CISCO gear does allow the arp cache timeout to be set down to
> one second, it actually keeps caching things for at least a minute. It
> does however (when told so) honor gratuitous ARP requests.
>
> Regards,
>
> Christian

does post-start* :
http://www.nongnu.org/util-vserver/doc/conf/configuration.html

/etc/vservers/<vserver-name>/scripts
  A directory for scripts. By default, when one of these scripts will be
executed, the execution of defaultscripts (within .../.defaults/scripts)
will be skipped. To execute them nevertheless, the $DONT_SKIP_DEFAULTS
environment variable must be set by one of the in-shellcontext scripts
(the non-executable ones).

initialize*
  The scriptlet which will be executed before the root filesystem is
mounted and the configuration has been loaded. Before executing the
script, the configuration directory will be made the working directory.

post-start*
  The scriptlet which will be executed after the vserver has been
started. Before executing the script, the vserver root directory will be
made the working directory.

post-stop*
  The scriptlet which will be executed after the vserver has been
stopped, but before the directories will be umounted and the the
interfaces disabled. Before executing the script, the
vserver root directory will be made the working directory.

postpost-stop*
  The scriptlet which will be executed after the vserver has been
stopped completely. Before executing the script, the vserver root
directory will be made the working directory.

pre-start*
  The scriptlet which will be executed after network-interfaces were
enabled and the directories mounted, but before the vserver itself has
been started. Before executing the script,
the vserver root directory will be made the working directory.

pre-stop*
  The scriptlet which will be executed before the vserver will be
stopped. Before executing the script, the vserver root directory will be
made the working directory.

prepre-start*
  The scriptlet which will be executed before the network-interfaces are
enabled and the directories are mounted. Before executing the script,
the configuration directory will be made the working directory.

suits your need ?

--
Cordialement,
Ghislain