Re: [vserver] RE : VServer vs OpenVZ.

From: Grzegorz Nosek <grzegorz.nosek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri 10 Dec 2010 - 14:11:27 GMT

W dniu 10.12.2010 13:49, Art -kwaak- van Breemen pisze:
> I am not that of a typer. I can paste some scripts, and others
> have too. Daniel Hozac helped a lot by fixing some minor issues
> in util-vserver.

Every little helps. I've been occasionally playing with network
namespaces and ran into nothing but problems and kernel bugs.

> The thing is that you need a tiny script to move your interface
> into the right network namespace. But what interface you move
> into the namespace is totally depending on you.

That script needs a pid in the new net namespace AFAIK. How do you
retrieve it reliably? /proc/virtual/<xid>/info does not always contain
relevant info.

> Per software bridge a network namespace:
> - a single vserver that gets a veth device with a tiny script.
> That veth device is put into the software bridge and into the
> vserver. There is no real practical way to fix this from
> util-vserver, except for using the default start hooks.
> The veth device get's a mac-address based on the context id of
> the vserver and the vlan id the software bridge is connected to.

This is basically what I'm after, making the host a virtual
switch/router/firewall for the guests.

Best regards,
  Grzegorz Nosek