Re: [vserver] 2.6.35.2-vs2.3.0.36.31 and 0.30.216~r2842

From: <ben_at_bristolwireless.net>
Date: Wed 08 Sep 2010 - 09:47:24 BST

Quoting "Mike O'Connor" <vserver@pineview.net>:

> The past packages have required the files in /var/lib/vservers and the
> config in /etc/vservers, but earlier ones needed /vservers so I have
> both via binds.
>
> But the util-vserver-basic-debian has a whole lot of rules which will
> not allow the package to install.
>
> Mike

I'm finding this too, there are issues with installing and
uninstalling this package because of the stringent rules. Also, I
change the symlink /etc/vserver/.default/vdir to a none standard value
and it gets overwritten on installing the package.

Ghislain, any chance of packaging so that the packages simply warns of
any dodgy file or directory presence, rather than enforcing them and
refusing to install?

Cheers,
==
 From Ben Green